Because of our hectic schedule, we tend to ignore the eating habits of our child, or the common symptoms our children show on a regular basis. However, eating disorder of a child, if persistent and ignored for a long time, may lead to serious health repercussions, which would be difficult to avoid and rectify in future.
A balanced diet with proper nutrients is a must for every child’s growth. Some of the food habits and feeding problems can be triggered by medical reasons like low birth weight, allergies, respiratory problems, premature birth, etc. and some of the food habits are activated because of psychological and emotional effects like depression, anger, etc.
You must be observant towards your child’s reception of food and food habits on a regular basis, so as to accordingly modify the diet, or to take further diagnostic and medical steps. Listed here are some of seven important signs which indicate to the fact that your child is not eating properly:
1. Poor, excessive or improper weight gain.
2. Repetitive respiratory problems.
3. Incessant occurrence of common flues.
4. Extended feeding time.
5. Denial of hunger and avoidance of meals (that also include situations which involves food).
6. Spitting and vomiting after in taking certain kind of foods (includes self-induced vomiting).
7. A change in dressing, wearing skimpy clothes to sport weight loss or wearing body-covered clothes.
If you see any of the above-mentioned signs in your child, you need to confront him/her immediately and understand his/her situation, if necessary consult a physician and/or a nutritionist. You might also need to get blood work done to check for nay deficiencies from a premier testing lab like Dr LalchandaniLabs.
Being observant to such early signs in your child would help you, as parents, to tackle the medical or psychological situation in your child at the earliest. Take care of your child with pride as these days are not going to come back.